The Arc of Dunn County offers several programs that strive to provide social and learning opportunities for individuals with disabilities and their families.
Connections Day Services –
Connections is a great way to connect with others, connect with our community and learn life skills. Connections meets on Monday and Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. Alliance Church is our home base with many opportunities to take part in activities at various places within our community.
Sibshops is a nationally acclaimed program that provides peer support within a recreational environment. It’s designed to celebrate the many contributions made by brothers and sisters of kids with special needs! Each Sibshop encourages kids to participate in site based activities that encourage sharing, laughter and fun! Kids will have the chance to meet other kids whose brothers and sisters have special needs and talk about their experiences.
For more information about Sibshops contact Tina Joiner at 715.235.7373 ext. 20 or email@example.com.
The Arc of Dunn County provides the following Community Services for children and adults with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities:
Daily Living Skills Training –
The Arc of Dunn County’s Daily Living Skills training can work on specific and general skills necessary for living independently or with minimal supports in the community. Independent living skills will be tailored specifically to the individual’s needs.
Daily Living Skills Training activities include, but not limited to are:
- Job/Volunteer seeking and filling out applications
- Assist with apartment searching and filling out applications
- Money Management
- Checkbook management
- Bill paying
- Responsible spending
- Learning to tip when eating out at restaurants
Supportive Home Care –
Supportive Home Care provides support to eligible individuals with disabilities (participants) who reside in unsupervised living environments such as their own apartments or homes. Services are offered in participants’ homes, as well as at relevant sites in the community. Services are based on the participant’s needs and are provided on a one-to-one basis by trained staff.
In-Home Respite Care –
The Arc of Dunn County’s In-Home Respite Care Program provides temporary, quality care for caregivers and families. Full-time care giving is a rewarding but often difficult and stressful job. Caregiver stress can not only affect the caregiver but also the individual receiving care. Allowing time for yourself is essential in the role of full-time care giving and will ultimately increase the quality of care you’re able to provide. We offer flexibility to meet each caregiver’s needs.
Our program provides a wide array of activities for our participating clients tailored to their specific needs.
- Quality care
- Health Monitoring
- Top-Priority personal service from our dedicated, professional staff
- Dignified assistance and support with feeding, bathing, dressing or other personal care needs
- Wholesome, nutritionally balanced meals and snacks
- Medication management/assistance
- Interactive games, activities and community events
||A guardian is…
||A guardian is not a…
Residential Services Program
- Room – clean, pleasant, personalized
- Board – Nutritional menu planning – Menus prepared at least one week in advance.
- Transportation to appointments and activities
- Church of choice (if applicable)
- Behavior monitoring
- Training and assistance with daily living skills
- Assistance with managing personal spending funds
- Orientation to the community
- Leisure time activities
- On-going medical care
- Dental service
- Eye care
- Work Center/Day Services
- Menomonie High School for high school education students
- Thursday Night Thrillseekers through the Menomonie Parks and Rec. Dept.
- Camps / Vacation organizations
- Counseling services
- Lutheran Social Services
- Indianhead Enterprises, Inc.
- Reach, Inc.